View Single Post
Old March 3, 2002, 10:38 AM   #24
Frank Iacono

Redneck2

Being a two dillon press owner, I can't really argue with your comments about the cost and caliber conversion issues with Dillons. I use insertable toolheads on the 550B and provided I don't have to change from large to small primers, I can change calibers in a few minutes. The conversion is quick only if you have a dedicated powder measure for each caliber and will run about $100 per conversion. The bulk of the cost is in the powder measure @55.95. Dillon offers a shell plate , buttons and powder funnel for $32.95, tool head @12.95 and powder [email protected]. Total for a dillon conversion is $107.80 Note however, that you can change calibers from .45ACP to .308 to 30-06 in a few minutes and at only the cost about $75, because the shell plates are the same (powder funnels usually are not). However, as Redneck pointed out, I bought a second dillon press (square deal) to reload small pistol cartridges to avoid the time consuming task of converting from 30-06 to 9mm. I have no experience with the Hornady, but from your comments it sounds like an excellent press. Will the Hornady LNL powder measure with inserts work on a Dillon 550B? It sounds like a great powder measure.

Page generated in 0.03775 seconds with 8 queries