View Single Post
Old August 30, 2001, 05:34 PM   #1
Bulldog

North Texas Fall Shoot & Get-Together

Texas Shooters,

The weekend of October 5th, 6th, and 7th is slated for another get-together at Uncle George’s South of Glen Rose. This is somewhat short notice but we are getting itchy trigger fingers!

Uncle George's is on Hwy 144 about 2-3 miles South of Glen Rose. Bowling pins, steel plates, and full-auto is welcome. There are three small ranges and a trap & skeet area. Maximum distance on the rifle range is 100 yards. The other two ranges are for general use between 25 and 50 yards, I'd guess. If I recall correctly, we took up $5 from everyone in attendence last time to cover the range fees. It's a pretty informal shoot, but safety is still #1.

There are restaurants in Glen Rose, or feel free to bring your own grub.

I'm assuming that camping will again be available at Russell's place on the Brazos. $10 per carload per night. Russell's property (Sandlin Camp) is at the end of FM 199 East of George's. Motels and other camping areas are also available in Glen Rose, Granbury, and Stevenville. Just so you're prepared, Russell's Place has no electrical hook-ups and only limited water usage. BYOB.

Folks usually show up for camping and campfire activity on Friday night, but it's certainly not a requirement.

A map and photos of the camp are located in the following link:

www.geocities.com/texasblackrifles/camping.html

Page generated in 0.03541 seconds with 8 queries