View Single Post
Old October 30, 2012, 05:09 PM   #4
barnbwt

Quote:
that doesn't include any magazine or clip modifications. That's the key here, and I don't have a suggestion for how to approach that issue.
I wonder if it would be best to go for the gusto and get a 8mm mag of some stripe (detachable or integral) to fit in the well --open up the bottom and internal spring/follower removed...I've heard mods involving permanently attaching the stripper clips are pretty buggy (seeing as the clips are quite flimsy), and no one seems to have gotten a rimless re-chamber to work worth a darn

I've also read up on the 444; interesting round, and would leave more metal around the edges of the bolt face than a full-on 45-70. I'd really like to do a straight-wall rimmed case for the stupid easy reloading, and a stretched-out 44mag would seem to have similar performance capabilities (ok, maybe not quite as heavy of loads, but still a bullet-punter ). I need to do some research to see if the availability is appreciably different between the two.

Buying the rifle now, BTW, pics in a bit...

TCB

Page generated in 0.03382 seconds with 8 queries