Old May 15, 2012, 04:17 PM   #23
aarondhgraham

She signed it,,,

I just received an E-mail from the NRA,,,
Governor fallin signed the bill.

I'm a happy camper,,,
Doing my happy dance.

Quote:
Today, Governor Mary Fallin signed into law the Open Carry/Omnibus gun bill, Senate Bill 1733. Senate Bill 1733 is an omnibus firearm bill containing significant improvements to Oklahoma gun laws, including allowing concealed carry permit holders the choice of open carrying.

Other important provisions include language prohibiting persons, property owners and companies from banning ammunition in locked vehicles; changing the “immediate notification” requirement when a permit holder is stopped by a law enforcement officer to notification at “first opportunity” while also greatly reducing the associated fine for non-compliance; a provision allowing people to carry firearms openly without a permit on their private property; and revisions to the current Oklahoma statute striking the word “concealed” from Oklahoma firearm permit citations and applying the lawful open carrying of firearms to Oklahoma's firearms preemption law. Additionally, this legislation will allow Sooner State military personnel stationed outside Oklahoma to obtain an Oklahoma permit. This new law becomes effective November 1, 2012.

Aarond

Aarond is good,,, Aarond is wise,,, Always trust Aarond! (most of the time)

Page generated in 0.03464 seconds with 8 queries