View Single Post
Old January 11, 2012, 07:20 AM   #7
lagavulin62

hey these are great responses and I have considered all.

I want to try and get to the range again this saturday and give it one more try and see if I don't get similar results.

After all the responses and a little research I am pretty convinced it must be either the sear or more likely the sear spring. I found a forum posted a few years back and the guy had the exact same problem, although more frequent. The problem was the sear spring had become bent and all it required was straightening and he now has perfect function.

That said the I checked out a few disassembly links and it looks like a devil to get at that spring without taking the whole deal apart. I am not a total clutz, I have replaced springs etc with my P64 and true Makarovs, but this baby does seem a little more complicated. I don't want to take the whole insides apart just to replace that spring but all I see are the step by step procedures and the spring is one of the latter steps. Does anyone know the easiest way to do this? I also need to pick up and decent punch set. Any advice on that would help too.

I know I sound needy but bear with me. I would take it to the gunsmith, but I don't know where a reliable on is in my area, also I only have 200 invested in this milsurp. I don't need to spend another 100 on gunsmith charges. Not cheap by any means but anything more than that I may as well just order another one and save this for a project. I'm sure you guys understand. .

Sorry to write a book. Let me know what you guys think.

Page generated in 0.02344 seconds with 8 queries