View Single Post
Old September 5, 2011, 01:53 AM   #1
dbeers02

Harrington & Richardson revolver identification help

I have an old 5 shot revolver that my grandfather gave to my dad 40+ years ago. My grandfather found it buried when he was doing some demolition work in Lawrence Kansas. It is not in great shape, and I have searched and searched trying to figure out exactly what it is.
It is a top break 5 shot revolver. It has alot of corrosion, but I am about 95 percent sure it is a Harrington and Richardson. It appears to have been either nickel or chrome plated and most of the plating is gone.
I believe it to be a 32 but my 9mm shells nearly go into it. Possibly a 38? It is a double action non self ejecting. The information on the top of the barrel appears to be stamped Harrington and Richardson Worchester Mass. USA. The rest of the info is illegible. On the left side of the butt under the grip it appears to have 582 stamped in it. Under the top where the break latch is, it appears to have 392 stamped into it. The barrel is approximately 3 inches long.

I will clean it up some more and get pics.
Any info about when it was made and what caliber it is for sure would be appreciated. I know it has little value, but it has sentimental value to my dad since my grandfather gave it to him.

Page generated in 0.03708 seconds with 8 queries