View Single Post
Old December 31, 2019, 01:04 AM   #3
Legal_trouble

The federal process (which we all know is a joke because it's been defunded) only applies if you've charged with a federal crime in federal court. I was charged with a state crime in a county court [state level] which is why I only had to petition them. If you read the ATF instruction page for the 4473 it specifically instructs you to answer no to questions 11b and 11c if you've been relieved from disability by the court which initially convicted you.

I can't say I wasn't expecting such a response, this was a year long legal battle which I've been researching since 2016, I've read pretty much every thread & article on the subject pretty much everywhere on the internet but I'm still surprised it's the first reply here. A search of this specific sub-forum shows there's almost always an identical response in every like thread before others come in clarifying there's a difference from state level conviction & relief to federal level conviction & relief.
In the eyes of the law I'm good, I'm just trying to figure out the wait time for the judgment to show in the different check systems.

What if I pose a different question: how long after a conviction does it take for said disqualifying conviction to show up on a NICS check barring the applicant from a purchase?

I did have another option: I can obtain a CCW permit from the [gun friendly] licking county sheriff and then use a gun store which bypasses the 4473 check based on a CCW permit, which is the option I've already began, however I'm still curious about the 4473 incase I run across a gun from a non CCW permit accepting dealer (i.e. a dealer @ a show).

Last edited by Legal_trouble; December 31, 2019 at 01:16 AM.

Page generated in 0.02097 seconds with 8 queries