View Single Post
Old June 27, 2017, 01:31 PM   #97
hounddawg

@ RC no offense meant here but I have considerable heat transfer theory training starting with Navy nuclear reactor school in Orlando circa 1972 and 21 years operating those bad boys following that. At one point in my career I spent three years as a instructor teaching thermodynamics to the new students.

After retirement from the Navy the next 15 years was spent in industrial and manufacturing climate control where I worked on everything from machines that spin carbon fiber into wide body jet fuselages to 150 foot long paint ovens in the automotive industry where a degree or two of temp or percent or two of humidity change meant the paint was ruined.

That aside the big elephant in the room for me is case placement and data collection. If you want to believe that you are getting a consistent heat transfer by holding a case inside a magnetic field in different place each time then that is your prerogative but without some sort of empirical or physical testing of the results you are just operating on blind faith. I don't need a degree in physics to look at diagrams of magnetic fields and see that the lines of force are not consistent in a magnetic field from point A to point B to point C, D , E etc so neither will be the energy transfer be consistent unless youare in the same spot each and every time. If you want to make sure the heat is being applied to the correct spot you had best drop a few thousand on a thermal image system to see where that case is being heated and devise a jig to ensure consistent placement. A calibrated lab quality hardness tester and microscope with some formal training on the operation of such would not hurt either Without those induction annealing is the equivalent of a blind man sticking a case into the heat source hoping it is in the same spot each time and getting the same amount of energy. That is just common sense not trolling

Last edited by hounddawg; June 27, 2017 at 01:54 PM.

Page generated in 0.04018 seconds with 8 queries