View Single Post
Old June 26, 2009, 02:16 PM   #467
Mike Irwin
Staff

Hey .50 Fan,

Back during the 1992-1994 primer shortage prices went up a helling. People were screaming bloody murder about paying as much as $40 per K.

A LOT of people also said that we would NEVER EVER again see primer prices as low as we had, that prices around $40 were here to stay because gun owners had proven that we were willing to pay that much.

Bravo Sierra.

Prices stayed high after the flow of primer started to improve.

For awhile.

By late 1995 early 1996, though, the manufacturers had caught up and prices were back down to VERY close to where they were when the shortage started to take off.

As I've said before, a year or two ago I considered myself VERY ill used if I had to pay more than $14, and it wasn't uncommon to find them under $10 per K.

Prices are going to stay high for awhile.

Then a couple of things are going to happen. People are finally going to realize that maybe, just maybe, the 250,000 primers they have in their basement might be just a skosh overkill, panic sales will slow down, the military demand for ammo will slow with eventual resolution of the ongoing conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the manufacturers will once again start engaging in something called free enterprise where they try to sell more than their competitors, and that little exercise very often leads to lower prices.

The price on primers is going to drop. It's just going to take awhile.

Trying to compare primers to petroleum is silly. It just doesn't work.

I filled my gas tank with primers the other week and blew two cylinders out through my hood.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.

Page generated in 0.03349 seconds with 8 queries