View Single Post
Old March 6, 2011, 09:28 AM   #13
Gbro

OJ States
Quote:
The victim dog required 7 staples to close its wound - meaning the laceration was probably less than 1 1/2" long.
And from your post
Quote:
In summary, we really don't know the attacking dog was "vicious" or territorial but we do know the owner is guilty of not having her dog under control - as the law requires. Gut feeling goes with the victim dog's owner but, I feel it could have been handled much better and effectively - without questionable legality of discharging his gun in city limits - where using lethal force really only covers protecting human life.
And also from your post;
Quote:
It seems to be handled with ignorance at all levels.
From the News;
Quote:
He shot the bullmastiff two times,
And from your own sig line;
Quote:
Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap .......
I therefore disqualify you from the jury pool,
But seriously, it could have been handled better. When I walked my grandsons dog at heel, I would get all kinds of guff about how the dog is supose to be on a leash, however it was always me that had to fend off other at large and leashed dogs that could not be controlled. I just used the long handled "Chuckit" to the nose of the offending dog as ours sat perfectly still on command during all encounters.
People today as a rule don't control their pet any better than their children!

Page generated in 0.02245 seconds with 8 queries