View Single Post
Old August 5, 2021, 07:52 AM   #40
Carl the Floor Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunnelRat View Post
As someone that has owned Gen 3, 4, and 5 Glocks I personally saw a noticeable improvement in shooting Gen 5 Glocks when it came to group sizes (and I had many thousands of rounds through the Glocks I had previously). I didn’t find it was marketing bs.

Now should someone sell their Gen 3/4 just to upgrade? I don’t think it’s required, but if they want to and they have the money I don’t see a problem with it. Glocks generally have good resale value and you could probably trade out of a Gen 3/4 for not much money.

We all have differing levels of disposable income and goals. I don’t think shooting development and new firearm purchases have to be mutually exclusive. You should be honest with yourself as to whether or not you’re making a decision for something tangible, but even then if someone just likes something more that’s their call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not a Glock fan, however that does not mean they are not great guns. I believe they are. So I have not put thousands of rounds out of one to say that each new model keeps getting better groups.
But I have had upgrades on other guns that IMO that did not shoot any better. Perhaps it is the fact that I become so familiar with a gun because of spending so much time with it etc.
But as you say, and I agree with, purchasing a new model, or more guns is a individual choice and thanks to the fact that we Live in a Great Country we can make those choices.
So in that regard, I would say that someone with disposable income should go ahead and get a new model. Even if he or she does not like it as well as the previously model they can just keep it or sell it. Each to his own.

Last edited by Carl the Floor Walker; August 5, 2021 at 08:01 AM.

Page generated in 0.04150 seconds with 8 queries