View Single Post
Old December 29, 2009, 12:01 AM   #6
the rifleer

It doesnt really matter. 12 and 20 kick about the same. 12 kicks slightly harder, but not by much.

i recommend getting either one. when you are dealing with 20 and 12 gauge, its up to the shooter, not the gun. you cant miss and say "i would have hit it with a 12 gauge", because it isn't true. I have friends with 12 gauges and i have a 20 gauge and i shoot clays better than all of them. i think that 20 gauge was a good choice for me for my first shotgun, but i think i would have been equally well off with a 12.

the reason i took the 20 gauge over the 12 was that i was interested in a mossberg 500 with the sole purpose of busting clays, and hopefully next year hunting with it. the 20 gauge came with a screw-in choke, the 12 gauge had a cylinder bore with no choke, so i took the 20 gauge. if the 12 gauge had a choke, i would have taken it.

I am satisfied with my decision, however the only down side is that all the up grades and add-ons for the 500 are for the 12 gauge and there are very few for the 20 gauge, however i like mine stock so its no big deal.

Page generated in 0.02563 seconds with 8 queries