View Single Post
Old February 22, 2019, 11:14 AM   #24
WVsig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
I know HPs were never made by Browning, they were made in Belgium by FN, like most Browning labeled guns. That is basic Browning knowledge. I don't know date off hand when they farmed out assembly to Potugal but guns are so
marked. They also did same with some rifles like the BAR. Guys into Brownings don't like Portugal assembled guns. The Browning shotguns out of Japan have had little complaint except they aren't FN.

The #1 complaint on Portugeese HP is the triggers. The model 70wins were the
safety. I don't know what the complaint on BAR is I was never into them. I owned a couple early one and had no trouble with them. I don't pay any attention to Brownings unless FN. From what I understand you can take a HP
from Portugal and have it fitted by a smith and have same gun as FN, since the
parts supposedly came out of Belgium FN. There are a couple good books on
Browning FN guns but I don't know if they are new enough editions to go into the Portugal guns.
There are crappy BHP triggers of all vintages. The information that you are posting is not accurate. It is an overly broad generalization based in someones opinion which is being repeated as truth.

The reality is that somewhere in the 1970s all BHPs were assembled in Portugal to save labor costs. I have seen it time and time again where someone claimed their FN Herstal assembled gun was superior to the Portugal one but in reality they are holding a guns assembled in Portugal. One of the biggest offenders were the late 90's MKIIIs with FN rollmarks. CDNN blew them out under $500 and they advertised them as all Belgium guns when in reality they were the same as the Browning rollmarked MKIIIs but did not have the "assembled in Portugal" rollmark. People think they bought something special or better but in the end they didn't. It was still a good deal I wish I had bought 100 of them back then.

Page generated in 0.02442 seconds with 8 queries