View Single Post
Old September 4, 2010, 11:36 AM   #27
HiBC

Here is my observation,for what it is worth,and it was evident in the thread I started about medpot cards versus filling out the firearms purchase form,"I am not a user of...
Some folks dwell in the land of what IS.What is the law,what does it mean,what are the choices availabe,etc.
We can discuss at length whether a law is stupid,and I might agree,but the really critical point is,the LEO,the DA,etc or those who grant the permits are not going to dimiss the law because we think it is stupid.

We can sit around going"Man,the pot laws are just so wrong,its like beer,pot smokers are mellow,on and on " but that is in the land of make believe.Facing life with "Thats not fair" is what we do before we figure out life is not fair.
IMO,a person is stuck with"If I want to retain my 2nd Ammendment Rights,then I must make a choice"
Not speaking of harder drugs,but if a person just wants to smoke pot,these days are probably easier than the 60s-70's.The reality we have to live with,because it is true,the laws do not like the combination of guns and drugs.If I were to decide to use controlled substances,I would sell my guns.As I hold my 2nd Ammendment rights a higher priority than than smoking pot,I do not posess or use pot It is my choice.
I can drink alchohol,or I can drive.If I drive after 2 beers and a shot,I'm going to get caught because I would have a $10,000 bounty on my head.That is what it costs.I have to make a choice.If I tell the officer or the judge"I drive slow and I'm only going 2 blocks blah blah blah it is not going to matter how I feel about it.If I blow over a .04 I'm busted.I will lose my job,and I had better not have a gun in the car.They don't like drunks with guns,either.
As the weenie punch guy said,its about being a grown up.Yeah,I know,its not fair.

Page generated in 0.03392 seconds with 8 queries