View Single Post
Old April 6, 2018, 10:49 AM   #6
pblanc

I have two Nikon scopes. The optical clarity is very good and they work well. A scope with variable magnification either 2-7 or 3-9 should work well.

Brownell's has the Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 2 3-9x40 on sale right now for $89.95 which is quite a good deal.

The only potential disadvantage to the Prostaff Rimfire is that it has fixed parallax correction set at 50 yards as for most rimfire scopes. If you want to shoot at very short ranges, you might have to deal with some parallax error. If you want to avoid that, you would need a scope with an adjustable objective (AO) to allow parallax correction to be corrected for range. A fairly inexpensive AO 3-9x40 scope that I currently have mounted on my 10/22 is the Vantage 3-9x40 made by Hawke Sport Optics. It is currently available with a set of medium height Weaver rings on Amazon for $109.99. This scope has a mil-dot style reticle. The clarity of the Hawke scope is good but perhaps not quite as good as the Nikons, and the AO seems to work well.

Page generated in 0.02449 seconds with 8 queries