View Single Post
Old April 29, 2010, 02:01 PM   #73
Hardcase

I want to say this gently, because it's neither a criticism of CajunPowder nor of Dixie.

Back in the roaring bubble days before the dot com meltdown, I ran the technical support department for a big computer company that's no longer around. Every now and then we'd come across a customer who, for one reason or another, just wasn't able to be satisfied. To be honest, most of the time the problem was unreasonable standards. Sometimes it was because we'd genuinely screwed up a few times in a row. Whatever the reason, these few and far between folks would, unfortunately, have to be "fired" by us. That is, we'd do whatever we could to get the computer back and refund their money.

Now, for your part, CajunPowder, I want to go out of my way to point out that I'm not being critical of you. I think that you laid out your requirements very simply and clearly. Your cards are on the table, so to speak, so it's pretty clear to me that there's no agenda or anything other than a genuine desire to own a high quality firearm. Compared to most of the folks that I had to "fire" as customers, you're virtually an angel!

And for DGW's part, I understand their reluctance to risk sending another gun out to you that is certainly not going to meet your expectations, even if you plan on sending it to a third party for a tune-up. I suspect that even if you weren't satisfied with the results from Jay Strite, DGW probably wouldn't hear from you, but Dixie hasn't had the good fortune of our detailed conversations here at TFL, so I imagine that they feel a little uncomfortable about the plan. Unfortunately, that means "firing" you, even if it is a reasonably amicable parting.

Hopefully, the combination of Taylor's and Strite will provide you with a first-rate Remington. After looking at the work that Jay Strite does (at the Raven's Roost Custom web page), I can't help but think that you're going to be happy.

Be sure to let us know how this works out - I have really enjoyed reading this thread and especially appreciate the outstanding photography!

Page generated in 0.04024 seconds with 8 queries