View Single Post
Old December 2, 2013, 12:19 PM   #28
Waspinator

To the OP,
You had mentioned in your two posts that you like the simplicity and reliability of a revolver and you have more fun shooting a revolver. But, then you are worried about the "what if's".. like what if I run out of ammo and there is still a threat and so on...

Question. How long have you made it on this earth with zero rounds?

Buy the gun you like and the gun you are going to like to shoot. Because if you like to shoot it, you will shoot it often. If you shoot it often, then you will become proficient with it. If you become proficient with it, then you will have less to worry about.

If you like a revolver, buy a revolver!

If you like a semi auto.. then buy a semi auto!

Once you figure out what type of platform you are drawn to, then you can start considering caliber.

I say look into a .357 mag for a revolver. They come in all sizes and you have a wide variety of rounds you can feed it. Anything from mild .38 specials, to hot .38 specials and all the way up to .357 magnums. Prices for .38 specials is very light on the wallet.

For the Semi's, I say 9mm is hard to beat. They come in a lot of sizes and the market is flooded with lots of different types. Accurate, powerful and ammo prices are not hard on the wallet either.

Page generated in 0.03971 seconds with 8 queries