View Single Post
Old November 23, 2013, 03:39 AM   #134
leadcounsel

Quote:
Here's the deal with the fairly safe area cliche.

If a gun fight starts, it is no longer a fairly safe area. Thus, do criminals or terrorists or rampage nutsos carry less firepower because they are going to do evil in a fairly safe area.

Sandy Hook was a fairly safe area - did that killer carry less? My, my - I think I will only carry my J frame on today's rampage.

So why should you?

The decision to carry more or less should not be based on a fairly safe area until you demonstrate to me that fights in those are less intense.

If you don't think the area is safe - why are you going there unless you are the law or a zombie hunter?

Carrying more or less is based on convenience and the odds that you will face a low intense fighter who might be deterred. But high intense fights in nice mall or nice school seem to be occurring (rarely).
Wow, extremely well put Glenn Meyer.

Other examples of 'nice areas' include the CT upscale neighborhood where two tyrants stalked a Doctors wife and daughters back to their home, broke in, beat the husband to near death, then raped and murdered the wife and daughters and then burned down the home. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshir...vasion_murders

Or upscale Columbine highschool in Littleton Colorado, a very nice area.

Or Virginia Tech college, a nice school.

Tons of violent crime occurs in 'nice' areas.

Bottom line, violence can happen anytime, to anyone, for nearly any reason.

Choose to be adequately prepared, or don't.

I also agree with the post that says it's a combination of mindset, skillset, and hardware.

Page generated in 0.02487 seconds with 8 queries