View Single Post
Old September 13, 2012, 04:37 PM   #44
jmortimer

No one will ever win the factory or reload argument. I suppose the best practice would be to reload as close as possible to the uber-factory load that you carry and practice with the reload. A good shoot is a good shoot. The guy in Phoenix got dinged for using a 10mm, more "powerful" than the local police. So if we are to use the "logic" of the experts, no one should ever use a 10mm for self-protection. Silly. But we know for a fact, that no one, has ever been convicted of a crime, for attempted self-defense for using reloads. Never, ever. I use reloads for everything. I load my wife's gun with factory ammunition as she should not suffer for a mistake I make. Another argument parroted is that you have to hire an expert but if you needed an expert at all, you would need the expert regardless if the ammunition was factory or reload. In virtually (except the 10mm case, one case in history of the United States) every case of self-defense, the ammunition is not the issue, the issue is the justified use of deadly force. In the end a good shoot is a good shoot. We have had a number of self-defense videos posted here and elsewhere over the years, and the ammunition was never mentioned and is never an issue. The only issue is the justified use of deadly force. Let's not get the vapors over a non-issue that has never happened, never, ever.

Page generated in 0.03262 seconds with 8 queries