View Single Post
Old July 6, 2002, 03:40 PM   #8
Jody Hudson

I agree, I've had virtually all of the shotguns out there and shot most of the rest. After it all, my second choice is the 15 year old H&K Benelli, Model 90 with long tube and pistol grip... First choice is a bare naked Mossberg 500. That top tang safety means the world to me in a stressful situation -- no worries, no errors, in sight, gloves and cold or sweaty fingers don't matter, the accuracy is excellent, reliability is perfect and I've not seen where any of the accessories are (after trying them all of course at great expense) worth what they cost.

After 30 years of trying all sorts of things; I now have settled on the Mossy 500 and next to it is a one gallon ziplock bag with 8 slugs in a quart ziplock, 8 buckshot in a quart ziplock, 8 #9s in another ziplock, and 8 copper solids in the last ziplock -- these all fit into the gallon ziplock and that goes into a little shoulder bag with a long strap -- we had some feral cats in the yard a few nights ago and out of a deep sleep, I was in the yard with my bag of shells and the Mossy in just a few seconds -- fast enough to get three of the cats with the #9s I keep it loaded with and speeded up 5 more into warp 7 as they got out of the yard and away from our home. I was reloaded, in the dark with the help of my bite light, in a few seconds from the ziplock. I may go back to the old 12 ga. bandolier, when I find it however, as there will be a lot more nights of thinning the cats to come.

Page generated in 0.03003 seconds with 8 queries