View Single Post
Old February 13, 2011, 12:03 PM   #19
Jim243

Very interesting question. The short answer is no I can't, but it would be nice to be able to. So I have to do things just a bit different.

A little background, I live in a townhouse (no back yard) in a small suburb just outside the third largest city in the US in a state that is so so on gun ownership (Illinois easy on buying, but hard on shooting) at least in northern Illinois. And I am right accross the street from our police station. I don't think they would be too happy on my testing loads.

For pistol I have four ranges within a half hour drive, but for rifle it is a hour and a half drive away (yes over 60 miles away). When I purchase a new firearm, I will spend one to two weeks on researching what I want to do and use. I will work up 4 loads for each weapon and settle on the best one and stick with that almost forever. I make up 1,000 for each gun once it is settled on the combo that works best for that weapon.

I spend more time on the books and internet than shooting. (reloading, but still get out to the range about twice a month, more in the summer)

I have been lucky so far in finding the right loads, now I just have to find the same components in a large enough quanity.

Good Shooting and stay safe.
Jim

Last edited by Jim243; February 13, 2011 at 12:12 PM.

Page generated in 0.03426 seconds with 8 queries