View Single Post
Old June 18, 2001, 06:19 PM   #1
labgrade
Member In Memoriam

Lee "pound 'em through" shotgun dies in .410?

Having taken up a bit of recent interest in a Contender .410/.45 (long) Colt) 14" Contender barrel, I do not want to go through the expense of buying factory .410 shotgun shells, but would like to have a few on hand to play around with at times.

I'd rather not go through any expense of buying a shotshell reloader, but wouldn't mind doing the "pound 'em through" Lee-thing. The Lee "pound 'em through" dies was the way I started out reloading about 38 years ago & wouldn't mind one bit for doing a few very limited runs with these .410s - beats the alternative re expense, etc.

Does Lee make the .410 dies still & any feedback re powders, etc. would be very much appreciated (as always).

BTW, very lazy today & didn't do a single seach anywhere regarding the nature of this post ....

Too, was pretty surprised at the the level of tight pattering (& penetration on a pretty stout gallon paint can) - Winchester 3", 7.5 shot (mumble load density - perhaps 11/16?, = ~25 yards oz?) ... looks like it would do pretty much any bird + rabitts to 25 yds no sweat .... plenty to play around with ....

'Course, wing shots may be awhile ...

Page generated in 0.02392 seconds with 8 queries