View Single Post
Old April 27, 2011, 11:01 AM   #4
zxcvbob

Quote:
What does your bullet trap look like? At our range it is just a big dirt hill for a backstop.
That's what the outdoor backstop is. But there's also a small indoor range in the clubhouse basement. The trap has a half wall made out of heavy timbers in front, with metal target hangers a couple of feet behind that. Then heavy rubber "cow mats" hanging down that to stop some of the bullet splatter, and lastly a steel armor plate (from the old police range) a couple of feet behind that and tilted down at a 45 degree angle.

They used to have sand in the bottom, but that disappeared a few years ago when they cleaned it.

The lead piles up mostly at the bottom of steel plate and just needs to be pulled forward and shoveled out occasionally. I was amazed at how much lead there was; it didn't look like that much, but most of it was in the back where you don't see it. I don't know it if was cleaned last year or not.

Page generated in 0.04202 seconds with 8 queries