View Single Post
Old October 14, 2005, 02:25 PM   #42
Harley Quinn

OK, back and still confused.

I have read the post again and would like to see what you would like me to do.
I will be hunting, with this 3 or 4 man camera crew and I am going to get up to a herd of hogs, who are wild hogs??? OK if you say so.

It has gone from 25 yds or under and what kind of ammo do I use? Joven the newbe. Now Joven is saying it is hunting land and we have to pay the landlord. Does not sound like a newbe to me. He is/was just trying to get some input.

Now I said I would take you up on your post of shooting hogs/javalinas??
Within the range stated above with the hand gun I described. Then you want a wager, then you will give me three tries?

Tries, as in find them get up to a shooting range of 25 yards in an area that on other threads is several hundred yard shoots. Apparently this is wild hog range and not an area you can get to within 25 yds?
(Do I fail then? If I can't get to my above distance with the camera crew what then? Do I get to shoot the 5.7mm? I am wondering do I only get one bullet? Any backup in case this thing decides to chase the camera crew?? I am not concerned for me, I will be the shooter with the correct postition).

Then I tell you I can shoot the 5.7mm at 100yds, then you want me to prove it by shooting a target 100 yards away freehand/kneeling and 2" placement.

Now if you want me to go down to the local range, shoot some paper with my 9mm at 25 yds and show you my groups and also my groups with the 5.7mm verified by independent range master. Does that get me a start.

If I show up and blow up tomato cans at the same ranges with above mentioned firearms. Does that qualify me to shoot at these hogs?

Since things are changing in each post I think we need to set down what you said at the start. 25 yds. skillful shooter, shot placement etc..

Jovens first post was what we were going by. Am I correct? So anyone else want to throw in their two cents? I will jump through a few more hoops, then we can get serious??? Or not.

This little fun thing is going to run into some serious time and money. So!... I am game, but I really like it clear as to what you want me to do???

Or we could trap a hog put it at 25 yds and I will shoot it. It will die and that was the whole jest in the first place. Clean kill, unload one mag and reload?
LOL. Just need some direction at this time and place, anyone who feels compelled to make somemore hoops let me know first.

Here I am, on your board jumping through your set of hoops and I am not much more familier with this, then when it started.

Reminds me of a horse I traveled to see, took two days to get there, It was in a pasture/field and you could not get within 25yds near it, let alone catch this gentle 3 year old.
I did not take rope or a horse to catch this gentle 3 yr old (I already said that) or anything like that. It was a total bust...

I really would appreciate a fair run at this. If I say I will do it, you can count on it. But lets get it straight out of the chute? OK

Harley

Page generated in 0.03126 seconds with 8 queries