View Single Post
Old June 29, 2020, 12:22 PM   #12
idek

Like others, I'm going to assume HD is a goal here. This suggestion might get boo'd down, and that's okay, but maybe consider a Hi-Point 995 carbine. Here's why I'm suggesting it:

* It's a pound or so lighter than the 870, and its short overall length (31") should make it feel even lighter since the mass is closer to the body.

* If hand strength is an issue, the pistol grip may be easier to control.

* Recoil with 9mm ammo will be MUCH less than a typical 12 ga or 20 ga shotgun, but is still viable for defense.

* No manual cycling. Charge the handle once, then just pull the trigger.

* Longguns are generally easier to shoot well than handguns, and practicing with a carbine shooting 9mm will be easier on the body than practicing with a 9mm handgun.

* Inexpensive. You mentioned he "wasted alot of money" on the 870. This leads me to believe cost is an issue. The Hi-Point 995 should be less than $300.

I know Hi-Points are ugly and some people take issue with their metallurgy, but most accounts from people who actually shoot the 995s say they are reliable and easy to shoot.

...as for the recommendation for the 10/22, if you go that route, you might consider a T/CR22 (Thompson Center's 10/22 clone) as well. It's about the same weight as the Ruger 10/22 compact--4.25 pounds, but I find the stock ergonomics better on the T/CR22 (I own both stocks).

Page generated in 0.04544 seconds with 8 queries