View Single Post
Old March 20, 2017, 06:52 AM   #2
Mobuck

"Does anybody know of a really good threading service?"
I have a 10-22 barrel that I bought ready to use(front sight set back, threaded w/thread protector) on ebay. The guy now sells just the machine work there(about $80 for 1/2x28 threads) . Absolutely top notch in my book. I see factory threaded 16.5" take-off barrels running $125-140. A 16.5" barrel with a smallish can is a handy tool.
A target barrel(.920") with a can is going to be a real monster to handle and what do you expect to gain? The barrel I mentioned above is a standard factory profile (18.5"). It shoots 38 grain HVHP open muzzle to the same POI as sub-sonic open and muffled with groups in the 1/2-3/4" range @ 50 yards using a 2.5x scope. Not sure how much better it could be.
My thoughts on the 22/45 LITE: While it's nice w/can, it's hard to hold w/o-not enough muzzle weight for my taste. I chose the steel 22/45 threaded 4" and can attest to it's accuracy. It's fairly muzzle heavy w/can but GOLLY, it shoots like a rifle. The can gives you a place to support the front end w/o blowing off a finger.
I seldom manually unload my 22/45 suppressed pistol after I've been out prowling for varmints, I drop the mag and fire the chambered round. Right now, I have an 8" round swinger set @ 85 yards from my yard gate. Take a rest on the gate post and shoot-PFFTTT(wait for it) clank. 85 yards with a 4" pistol isn't too shabby in anyone's book although I do confess to having a red dot as compensation to my aging eyes.

Page generated in 0.02181 seconds with 8 queries