View Single Post
Old July 20, 2000, 11:32 AM   #1
anodes

Gotta luv 'um! Last nightI was watching KAET-8 (the premier public TV station in AZ, ok only), they had a show by AZG&F. This was the kind of show for me! The first part was a hunter education program that was part of Operation Game Thief! In this show they described a robot deer complete with moving head and flicking tail! They would place this robo-deer in sight of maintained roads and wait to catch the "driving hunters" shooting from vehicals or by the roadside. They were just as informative to the hunters they "caught" doing it right, stop the vehical, get out, move from the roadside and shoot. Very good PR. It was obivous by the footage of them working (it didn't look staged) that thier main concern was the occasional hunter, go figure (should have seen the look on his face after he shot robo-deer and it didn't fall down )! These Game and Fish good 'ol boys were tring to edjukate!

The next installment related the AZG&F's efforts to repopulate the Gila Trout to AZ (one of only two AZ native trout, the other is the Apache Trout?). It is this kind of diversification of wildlife and habitat that I LOVE to see! I was glad that PBS via KAET was bringing out the stories of how AZ Game and Fish were using my tag & license fees and taxes to not only protect the wildlife but restore it. This sort of thing may be happening in your state, I felt good hearing of it in mine!
anodes.

Page generated in 0.03709 seconds with 8 queries