View Single Post
Old September 27, 2023, 02:10 PM   #27
TunnelRat

Ethical and Moral Question: Do I continue to train this person?

I assume you mean none, and that’s a matter of perspective.

This thread represents what is to me an interesting situation. I have taken a lot of courses over my years here. In recent years those courses required a background check. That would rule out criminal activity or involuntary commitment, but the reality is a background check is fairly limited. It won’t show what medications I am currently taking, whether or not I am seeing a therapist if not court appointed, and to an extent it likely wouldn’t capture associates with concerning behavior. In short, most of what this woman is going through would not be reported. The instructors I had would be none the wiser, and I personally can’t be sure that some of the students with which I attended those courses might not have been in the same boat as this woman. The OP has insight into their student that is, in my experience, rare.

If the argument is the personally safer choice is to end this woman’s instruction, I can see the logic behind that argument. I would also argue not training anyone, as you may well not know their background or current situation, is safer still.

Last edited by TunnelRat; September 27, 2023 at 02:18 PM.

Page generated in 0.03832 seconds with 8 queries