View Single Post
Old December 29, 2008, 12:49 AM   #8
dandydany

Hi Jim ; O.K., so it is not a spring and I saw it is listed as you mentionned.Good, I don't have to worry about that and never did anyway, due to my ignorance. I really should not bother myself with those so-called problems , I've shot that gun a few times and never had a problem. My first Webley was about 25 years ago and I did not have a computer to read all these info's about the gun and it's ammo , so I did some "warm " reloads using 190 gr. SWC Lee cast bullet on top of Bullseye ( I forgot the load )and when I shot a few of those, the stirrup broke in half heheheheh....., I was lucky nothing else happened and was able to get a replacement. That's the only time I ever had a misshap with this gun and the rest of the reloads went into my 1911.
You're right about it being loose , they did this with the Colt 1911 too , I found out when I bought one brand new long ago; there was a little play with the slide but it was normal for the model. ( not a Gold Cup ) But the gun IS worn , no doubt about that....I appreciate again you coming back on the subject. I can't wait for the snow and rain to stop so I can do a little practice...Catch you later, Dan

Page generated in 0.02592 seconds with 8 queries