View Single Post
Old August 9, 2022, 09:07 PM   #20
dogtown tom

Quote:
OPC

Corollary: What does the FBI NICS do after three days of 'delay'?
When NICS delays a transaction, its to give the FBI Legal Document Examiner additional time to research the buyer. While the Brady Law does not prohibit the transfer after the NICS NTN date, the dealer is not required to do so. Some businesses require a "proceed" status before transferring.

Often the information being researched isn't in the FBI databases, but a record held by a state or county. Ive had delays not hit a proceed for three weeks. I have one delay right now that is "open", meaning it hasn't updated to proceed or deny.

Several years ago I transferred after the third business day and a month later received a call from NICS telling me he was denied. "Too late!" They just said thank you and that was the last I heard about that transaction.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Page generated in 0.04717 seconds with 8 queries