View Single Post
Old November 10, 2011, 01:08 PM   #15
briandg

Quote:
Modern Americans expect to be protected from themselves. I find it disturbing and, in some cases, disgusting.
I will be retaining that for future use, thank you.

No, there will be no charges. If a civil suit was filed, I have not heard of it. it would have been a genuine slam dunk for the parents of the dead girl to file a wrongful death suit against him, but they are close friends.

Even in homes where firearms are a commonplace thing, kids still think of them as toys, and have for decades. Go back to the 20s. My maternal family lived on a fairly remote plot of land that they farmed while my grandfather worked at the stockyards.

My uncle corralled his 3 sisters, as german spies. he lined them against a wall, and he had the kitchen corner varmint gun. he pulled the trigger at all of their heads, the last time it went off, and he nailed my aunt in the head. 80 some years later, there doesn't seem to have been any damage.

He knew it was a real gun. the guy became an engineer, and worked with the navy, nasa, and other big concerns. yet he still screwed up as a kid and shot his sister.

Can you imagine, if I had 8 kids in my house, who all had lots of friends, and someone found out that I kept a loaded gun sitting in plain sight in my home?

I can't imagine what the soccer moms of today would do. I feel certain that most of them would just call the police and tell them that I have a gun, and they need to do something about it.

Page generated in 0.03887 seconds with 8 queries