View Single Post
Old January 27, 2014, 03:57 PM   #23
Willie Lowman

In my opinion

Quote:
What makes Junior qualified to determine that I'm not fit to own a gun?
That qualification is granted by Gramps. When Gramps produces a loaded firearm and threatens a known family member and caretaker, Junior has been qualified to determine if Gramps is fit to own a gun.

Know your target. It's one of the basic safety rules for firearm ownership. The words take on a different meaning in this case but they are just as important. If a elderly person looses the ability to tell their own children or grandchildren from the badguys on the TV, that person should not have a deadly weapon.

Quote:
What gives him the right to take my property without my permission and sabotage it? No gunsmith should consent to such a procedure.
I agree with this 100% There is a world of difference between saying "sorry you can't have this anymore" and tricking someone into thinking they have a working gun when they don't.

There is no standard rule for these situations. People have mentioned driving. Driving does not equal proper gun handling. I would trust my own grandmother with a loaded rifle but would not give her the keys to my car. I would trust my friend's grandmother (from my OP) to drive a large truck pulling a trailer but I will not give her ammunition for her pistol.

Page generated in 0.03419 seconds with 8 queries