View Single Post
Old January 21, 2014, 03:32 AM   #133
Theohazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmints
I don't even know how I got involved in this. I just signed up to research a shotgun for my son. Well, at least I feel like I made a couple of new friends. Theo, I think we agree more than disagree. We are just looking at it from different sides. I will add that while being sort of suppressor negative on this thread, every gun I have bought over the last several years has been the threaded version given a choice. And I know who I am seeking out for advise when the time comes to purchase.
Welcome to TFL, my friend; I just realized you're a new member here. Yeah, I agree with almost everyone in this thread except on one matter of opinion; I think the high price of silencers is worth it and many others don't. But that's just personal preference; I can try to persuade them, but in the end there's no right or wrong on that subject. All I can say is be careful, once you start shooting with good silencers you're going to want to buy as many as you can afford!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lowman
Theo talks about marking old cans down to get rid of them. I feel like I missed out on a deal. There are plenty of old suppressors I would be happy to own. (The SPR/M4 especially)
Don't worry, Willie, that can wasn't one of them! And if it had been it wouldn't have lasted long at all. I wish AAC had never discontinued it, it's even quieter than an M4-2000; and the M4-2000 is one of the quietest cans on the market.

I guess there's just not as much demand for reflex cans anymore. Slip-over mounts don't fit on some barrels and the cans themselves are heavier. But I have a buddy who has one and another buddy who has two, and man are they quiet!

Page generated in 0.03523 seconds with 8 queries