View Single Post
Old May 31, 2013, 06:47 PM   #1
BerdanSS

Another old workhorse comes home.

Trolling the Indy 1500 this afternoon, I managed to not find a SINGLE thing I went there for. Line to get in....insane......prices inside......worse. But on the second to the last row on my way out I spotted a VERY cluttered table with older guns just piled atop one another.

Sticking out of the bottom of the pile was a very serviceable Western Field 28" 16ga takedown pump. Worn bluing, worn stock finish. But no bad dings, scrapes or gouges....no pitting or rust whatsoever. Action/feeding was silky smooth with a flawless bore. Tag said $125.98 I asked what it'd go out the door for in greenbacks. Ten minuets later I walked off with it, less the $100 I came in with.

Information on these is sparse to say the least. But I've always been interested in these old guns. And since the safe was void of 16 gauges, and I've got piles of 16ga shells...it all made sence

It's a double hump, mid 3000s S/N. from what I can find that put it about 1920 + or-, but I'm not sure. Anyone got anything helpful on these? I know they aren't really worth any money, but the history, character and design is what I'm into.

I've kinda taken to the habit of bringing home these cheap old homeless guns lately

Page generated in 0.03330 seconds with 8 queries