View Single Post
Old September 5, 2011, 01:50 PM   #41
Chris84

I am an ex operator. The federle gov has given me a little grief here and there but not a huge deal in the past 5 years. When I frist left Astan and became civi. I had all kinds of issues from being on terror whatch list. Haveing pass port revoked, and SS listed as dead. Took a little work but got most of it cleared up. I figure that I am still on some whatch list somewhere due to what I did while in the service and where I was. But I have noticed that it is different then the rest of the terror list that are out there. I have had no trouble getting firearms what so ever. Got my PP redone and cleared and not had any issues at the Airports since then. I had a TS and a DCID clearance dont know how much that played into the whole thing.
I wonder now though if some where there is some whatch dog agency freakin out and all since I took a job with a PMC lol...just have to wait and see.

I feel that it is stupid for the gov to look at us ex-operators as potential terrorist unless the gov. is the one screwing up. Most military people take there oath for real while on active or reserve duty but not so much afterwards and I see this all the time and know it is true, but most operators take it for real for life. The gov is, to me, scared of that part where we said " I swear to protect the constitution against all enemies forgin and domestic". That just my opion. I am no terrorist becuase I served in SPEC OPS, I am just a freedom loving american vet and wish that my own gov would understand that. But at the same time the phyc. profile of what they look for in spec ops operators is very close to that for what HLS looks for in terrorist and the FBI look for in serial killers. The difference to me being the reasons and ways we have chosen to use that profile is what sets us apart. Just cause I am out of the service now does not mean that my reasons have changed.

Page generated in 0.03810 seconds with 8 queries