Thread: New Addition
View Single Post
Old February 12, 2011, 06:49 AM   #8
Doc Hoy

Coupla responses...

Bedbug,

The fit and finish is superb cosmetically. It appears that the folks at the factory fit the trigger guard onto the frame for final finishing, then take it apart for blueing and final assembly. The joint between the trigger guard and the frame is nearly imperceptable. As for the action I have not had the opportunity to do anything but a cursory examination. From that it seems fine. The sight and the lever latch are installed straight.

Conk,

I am accustomed to pretty much all Remingtons having a stiff hammer pull. I actually never gave it a thought on this pistol until your post about yours. So to answer your question I had to go back and try it. It is stiff but not so much that it bothers my thumb. On a big Remington a stiff pull is not so bad because there is a lot of area on the grip of the revolver for contact with your hand. You can get a good grip on the grip . But on these little 63s, it is not easy to cock the thing one handed regardless of the weight of the pull. With a 58, you can cock it one handed and your hand is still pretty much in the right position to shoot the pistol. But cocking this 63 requires a bit of shifting before "aim and squeeze."

Page generated in 0.04767 seconds with 8 queries