View Single Post
Old January 12, 2010, 11:03 AM   #10
Rayndeon

The Sig's DA pull is rated at about 10 lbs, so getting an accidental discharge with the Sig is not too likely. The four safety rules still apply of course, but plenty of people use DA/SA with decocker and have no difficulty. A Sig with hammer down is like a double-action revolver. I can't see it going off without the shooter bringing it up and consciously bringing the trigger to its break point through the heavy 10 lb pull. The Sig is very safe, although with ANY firearm, the four safety rules apply.

However, if you are insistent on having a safety, might I suggest you look for a good used STI VIP or bargain NIB as such or perhaps a bargain NIB or used USP? Both come with manual safeties.

As for concealment, if you are concealing IWB, I am of the opinion that the width and the height of a handgun is a lot more important than length. The Sig P226 Elite is about 1.5 in wide and 5.5 in wide. The STI VIP is about 1.4 in wide at its widest part and 5 in high. Finally the USP is about 1.3 in wide and 5.4 in wide. I think these full-sized pistols compare favorably to each other, and I think you'd be well suited with any of these. I just lean towards the Sig myself.

Page generated in 0.02873 seconds with 8 queries