View Single Post
Old September 25, 2009, 03:47 AM   #8
mrnkc130

although i have never ridden amtk i dispatch the long haul ones a regular basis when they go across our trackage, just about everynight to be exact.

I personally dont think i would ever ride amtk anyways but its nice to know if i ever do i could bring my guns if i needed to. I assume weapons could only be in checked baggage like on an airplane, if thats the case i see no problem with it.

I even think you should be able to carry on amtk if you have a chl pursuant to state laws...like texas to oklahoma since they have reciprocity agreements, but i guess since they technically are a private business it is thier right to allow or disallow if they please.

The locomotive isnt easily or at all accessible from the cars much like airplanes that have restricted cockpit access.

i imagine part of the reason they passed this is to try and increase ridership, maybe they think hunters will take trips out to montana or some other hunting destination, i doubt it was done with good will towards 2a supporters or anything like that...

last thing i have to say on the matter: i cant count how many times i have had amtk stop and request police assistance with removing rowdy, drunk or brawling passengers from the train. probaly best if the guns are in checked unaccessable baggage (which i'm sure they are) would be nice if they had a chl exception though...
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man,the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a timehanded out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now
restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things:bread and circuses (Juvenal, Satire 10.77–81)

Page generated in 0.03002 seconds with 8 queries