View Single Post
Old January 26, 2009, 11:37 AM   #5
Doc Hoy

Thanks for all the help

Thanks a lot fellas,

For Madcratebuilder:

I registered with Open Range and will indeed try again later to open the files you linked.

It is gratifying to learn that your experience with the FIE imports is not negative.

For Mykeal:

The information on dates is extremely helpful. I will check the marks site soonest.

You are correct (no surprise there) about the bolt (which I was calling a cylinder stop only because that is what DGW calls it) being bent. Initially the edge which engages the hammer cam had two problems. 1) It was bent toward the center. I corrected this as you described but still no joy. 2) The edge is rounded off in such a way as to cause the bolt to prematurely slip off of the cam. I can spin the cylinder until just before the hammer reaches half cock.

I am pretty Confident that I will be able to load and shoot the pistol as it is, but of course I want it to be right. Pursuant the info in your post I will pull the pistol apart again, spread the legs of the bolt just a bit further and also file the surface (on the smaller dimension) just bit more to try to remove the rounded portion. I will let you all know how that worked.

For DiscoRacing:

Good to know of your positive experience with the FIE imports.

For all:

As you remember from my previous thread about not being able to load my other 1851 (Your kind responses were most helpful) I can be quite verbose. Thanks for your tolerance.

Tnx,

Doc

Page generated in 0.02423 seconds with 8 queries