View Single Post
Old August 31, 2007, 11:24 AM   #44
Night Watch
Registration in progress

Quote:
Originally posted by David Armstrong
As mentioned, feel free to disagree, but recognize the facts. What I said is not an opinion, it is a fact.
Me too! Source? My own family.

Quote:
(idem)
Such instances are quite rare in comparison with those where that does not occur.
Actually, no they’re not! I get reminded of how these sociopaths really think every time I walk into my favorite gun shop and look at the proprietor’s head. No (sane) reason in the world for him to have been savagely butt-stroked just before the robbers left the store!

He was outnumbered 3 to 1. They were armed with pistols and an AK-47. He did exactly as he was told and offered no resistance. He lay down on the floor and let them take whatever they wanted. All he asked was that they not hurt him. Their response? Just before leaving, they hit him hard enough to almost kill him! It didn't have to go down like that.

On the other hand, my wife refused to comply when two, 'bangers' tried to hijack her new car. She was able to escape and got to keep her car, too. What do you think would have happened to her if she complied and allowed them to get into that car with her? (She's an attractive woman!)

Well, feel free to sight your sources. Something from big corporate America or the liberal left, perhaps? Maybe you should get some real world experience by working the night shift at your local, 'Stop & Rob' for awhile. We, all, know how well compliance and non-aggression have worked for these people!

THE PICTURE OF COMPLIANCE -

Well ... Now that I've got that off my chest: To be perfectly fair, some degree of (initial) compliance might be necessary. For instance: I DID tell my wife that she should have immediately surrendered the car key by tossing it on the ground in front of her and, then, made a fast break for the front of the building while screaming into her cell phone for help!

Her reply? She said; 'We just bought that car!' Then, she asked me to give her one of my guns which she, now, frequently carries. (Great lady!)

Here, it's very interesting reading:

Jewelry Store Robberies

As you'll note: Some store owners made it; and others did not. (1) At M&M Jewelers, compliance did no good at all. (2) A complete lack of weapon training and gross unfamiliarity with his gun were prime failure factors at DFC Jewelers. (3) A gun once saved the merchandise - and the day - at Newton Jewelry; but, the owner has said that, because of, 'insurance reasons', he'd never do it again. (May he live so long!) (4) At Beverly Hills Jewelers, a gun(s) again saved the day; and (5) at Paradise Jewelers, a nice old lady lucked out by immediately cooperating and just got tied up.

So, yes, I suppose if you're a nice old lady compliance might, very well, be the only way to go! I'll say this: I would never have given a gun to my very own mother because no amount of training would have prevented that woman from promptly finding a way to shoot, either, herself or one of the neighbors with that fascinating device!

Last edited by Night Watch; August 31, 2007 at 01:38 PM.

Page generated in 0.02299 seconds with 8 queries