View Single Post
Old May 6, 2013, 09:37 PM   #2
mmb713

I have no experience with BL-C(2) so I can't help you there. H110 will give you higher velocities than 4227. It requires magnum priming and a firm crimp for reliable ignition. Every data source advises not reducing charges with H110 or you are in danger of squib loads. Stick with published data and you'll be fine. The small difference between starting and maximum loads is correct, do not reduce the max load by 10% to start, stick with published data. Hodgdon advises not more than 3% reduction from max with this powder. H110 is temperature sensitive, unlike 4227, and I've read reports of problems with it in sub-freezing temps. Something to be aware of. Don't let your pistol get too hot shooting with this powder either, some have experienced forcing cone erosion with it. A lot of people swear by it, it is the magnum pistol powder all others are compared to. I'm about to do some work ups with it myself in 357 and Ruger-only 45 Colt. My bottle is labeled Winchester 296 though. The two are the exact same powder.

Page generated in 0.02278 seconds with 8 queries