View Single Post
Old October 7, 2012, 11:57 AM   #57
Sinkhole

This is very subjective. I don't think there is any one best concealed carry 9mm. I believe it's what fits your personal wanted and needs best. There are a lot of really good firearms already mentioned above, but I believe no one handgun is best for every carry situation. I carry my Ruger LCP most often, but when I step up to 9mm I currently carry my FNX-9. I used to carry my Ruger SR9c, but that went, when I was forced to thin the herd during some hard financial times. I am in a rebuilding phase and am trying to optimize my purchases. My next compact will more than likely be a S&W M&P40c. Let me explain. I am leaning this way for several reasons.
  • Size: The M&PXc series are all a really good size firearm and fit my hand really well, which is important. They are also shorter overall than a shield, although .2" wider. IMHO this fits the idea of a multi-role pistol the best. It is a good carry/hd gun as well as fun shooter at the range.
  • Caliber: I am not a huge fan of 40S&W, but by choosing the 40c I can convert to 357sig with simply a barrel change, and 9mm with simply a barrel change and magazine change. 3 calibers in one. The cost is under $200 for the other 2 barrels and a couple 9mm mags. Much more affordable than purchasing 3 different firearms.
  • Accesories: Do to the popularity of the M&P series the accessory market is large. It is easier to find accessories for these than some other models of firearms. Example, night sights & holsters are available from several manufactures, in different configurations. You are not stuck with 1 or 2 choices.

For me its all about bang for the buck now, and this particular firearm fits my needs and wants the best. Your mileage may vary.

Page generated in 0.03859 seconds with 8 queries