View Single Post
Old June 27, 2012, 04:00 PM   #36
k4swb

When I first set my LNL up I took the time to make sure everything was adjusted for the cartridge I planned to load as for throws on the linkage. I proceeded to run about 300-400 empty shells through and all I was doing was sizing and depriming.

I had no primers or powder in place but I did cycle the press just as I would have if I was loading. Every stroke fully up on the ram cycled the empty powder measure and belled the case and every down stroke on the ram was pushed forward as if I were seating a primer.

I watched the heck out of EVERYTHING happening for a bit and if something didn't feel or look just right I stopped to see what it was.

During those practice strokes I felt like I needed to adjust a couple of things on the press and after those initial 300-400 strokes things were happening pretty smoothly.

The only real problems I have had since were my fault for forgetting to push forward to prime and making a powder mess which was cleaned up quickly with a can of air and a 3" soft paint brush.

I've now loaded somewhere near 10,000 rounds of mixed handgun ammo and have had no problems that were not my fault.

I have bought extra powder measure bottoms so I can leave one set for each caliber and then just drop in the www.powderfunnels.com PTX die and bolt up the measure and not have to reset the linkage.

I loaded many thousands rounds of handgun and rifle ammo for close to 30 years on a single stage RCBS RS5 press and agonized over switching to the LNL or a Dillon for months before I bought the LNL.

All that worry over nothing. Best move I ever made.

Page generated in 0.02782 seconds with 8 queries