View Single Post
Old August 16, 2011, 04:11 AM   #1
bitttorrrent

Vacation House in MI, Chicago resident

This is pretty common around the east side of the lake, in Indiana and we are just a few minutes past the indiana border, to have a summer house in Harbor Country near the lake.

Anyway, after much ado, i have my chicago gun permit and sent in registration for my guns here. However, what do i do in MI?

There was a law case in NY that I read here that ended up in the judge saying that a domicile, your main residence, is the only one considered a home. That is nonsense. My "home" is where my family is. We spend a lot of time up there, summers, christmas, most weekends etc. and i have some guns up there.
It is rural and i want a shotgun and some other arms - there are cougars in the area and i have two small children.

So, how do i do this. I have sent inquiries to the local police and asked the MI state police office which is up the road. State police does not want to be involved and local police have not responded.
My Parents live near and they just have to register their guns, but that is only available to residents which I am not.

Anyone have any experience with summer homes out of state?

Page generated in 0.02316 seconds with 8 queries