Thread: I PASSED!
View Single Post
Old January 8, 2010, 05:54 AM   #15
igor

Instead of tactical belt, you might want to try and find a casual, inconspicuous and comfortable one.

Light on the gun is IMHO not optimal due to 1) it makes the already less than comfy gun even more cumbersome to carry, and holster choices get scarce and 2) you'll swipe everything you light up with your gun, violation of Rule #2, very bad form. I stow a Fenix torch in a horizontal holster, sits nicely along the belt. A coat pocket is even better, easy to have the light in hand without showing any "activity".

Extra mag, whatever with a top enclosure, also a good idea to e.g. pilfer your Leatherman or Gerber tool holster with the label on it. All the better urban camouflage. The tool can go in a pocket, YMMV but that's all the sharp object I need.

My philosophy about the extra mag is, it's there in case of a malfunction, not for added ammo capacity. I definitely won't carry more than the two, 14+14 there already...

OC can, I prefer coat pocket (see above), failing that, pants pocket.

"Excited" would be something you might want to shed before going out armed. Just my 2 Eurocents.
Good karateka I have known were intelligent, original, capable, unpredictable, aggressive, brave, and dangerous. Most had a dark side. Daily practice for decades at hurting other people does not make liberals.

John Farnam quoting a friend, Feb. 2004

Page generated in 0.02555 seconds with 8 queries