View Single Post
Old January 1, 2010, 01:34 PM   #9
amprecon

Hey Smee78,
How'd that scout mount work out for you? Good I hope.
I feel like the three bears when it comes to firearms.....too big, too small, too much, not enough.....I'm looking for that ahhh, just right! You know?

I think if the RFB were in 6.8spc I'd definitely be in a quandry. But in 6.8 a 16" barrel is mostly all you need to get the most out of the cartridge so your not really saving a whole lot of space. But I do like the idea of a home-bred bullpup on the market now. The .308 has way more power and uumph than I think is necessary for my criteria and I believe the 6.8 is that perfect intermediary round.

So when the day comes that I can afford to go out and buy that rifle, if the RFB is available in 6.8, it'll be a tough decision between it and the XCR in 6.8. But if not, I'm heavily leaning on the XCR as of right now and in the 6.8spc cartridge.

I'm not discounting my SLR-95, M1A rifle or Garand, they'll always fill a niche, the SLR-95 and M1A moreso than the Garand, and everytime I consider selling the Garand to fund this "new" rifle I just can't bring myself to do it. It'd be like giving up an arm or a leg.

Page generated in 0.03467 seconds with 8 queries