View Single Post
Old February 8, 2006, 11:40 AM   #13
invention_45

Depending on the situation, lighting, etc., I might be so afraid I'd have shot already. But let's say it has gone like you say until you wrote "NOW".

Upon the very first sign of refusal to comply, I'd shoot. Now I wouldn't be asking him to stand on one hand, but something like "put your hands up".

I'd try to break commands into how I wanted them done. I.e., rather than say "get your hands where I can see them, then slowly kneel down, not moving your hands, and then lay face-down on the floor with your hands still above your head" which could be easily done wrong by the BG, I'd break it up into short clear commands, allowing compliance to each before issuing the next.

Put your hands up RIGHT NOW.
I'm going to give you a few simple commands. Follow them exactly.
Keep your hands up and get on your knees RIGHT NOW.
Keeping your hands away from your body, down on all fours RIGHT NOW.
Slide your hands away from your body so that you are face down on the floor RIGHT NOW.
Do not move one bit and do not speak one word.

That way I can tell intentional departure from what I want done from failure to understand a complex set of instructions.

I'm in Florida. He's already broken into my house. You better believe I'm SCARED. If, at any time, during any of this, the BG's movements didn't match my commands within 1/2 second, I start shooting. I'd be a very slight bit more tolerant of words, but unless they were something like "like this?", I would shoot if he kept yapping.

Page generated in 0.03481 seconds with 8 queries