Thread: high power
View Single Post
Old December 31, 2005, 05:14 AM   #2
Tim R

Object of the game is points.

There are matches on reduced ranges using reduced targets, but these don't make you work as hard. (referring to changing conditions)

For a full across the course match:

200 yard line standing (offhand) 2 sighters and 20 rounds for record in 22 minutes. Each shot is loaded one at a time and each shot is scored.

200 yards line sitting 2 sighters then 2 strings of 10 rounds with 2 fired, mag change then 8 fired in 60 seconds from standing to sitting. Each string is scored. Total 20 rounds for record.

300 yard line prone 2 sighters then 2 strings of 10 rounds with 2 fired, mag change then 8 fired in 70 seconds from standing to prone. Each string is scored. Total 20 rounds for record.

600 yard line prone slow fire. 2 sighters and 20 rounds for record in 22 minutes. Each shot is loaded one at a time and each shot is scored.

Rounds expended 88. 80 for record for a possible score of 800. As the range is moved back, the aiming black becomes larger. Bull at 600 looks the same as the bull at 200.

There can also be some variations to the above. A 50 shot match is possible. In these you will fire 2 sighters at all stages with 10 rounds offhand, 10 rounds sitting, 10 rounds prone rapid and 20 rounds prone slow for a total of 58 rounds, 50 for record. EIC matches on the other hand take away the sighters and is a 50 shot match. When shooting a EIC match the top shooters will earn points towards being a Distinguished Rifleman. 480's should get you something.

There are 5 levels of competitor, marksman, sharpshooter, expert, master and high master. You will compete in your class if there are enough except for match winner. Except the first time out where you will be unclassified and shooting with the High Masters.

Since you say you need to practice, check out www.long-range.com and down load their 100 yard reduced targets. This is a great way to practice if a 600 yard range is not avialible to you. I sharpen up my skills by practice and I only have 100 yard range nearby. Dry fire is also a option in fact dry fire for offhand is almost a must. A black tack at 15 feet looks about the right size for a bull, just be careful, and don't forget the safety rules.

www.highpowerforum.com has a great sticky on proper positions.

Oh I all most forgot....pit service. Guess who will get his turn in the pits? Somebody has to run the targets. Just part of the game unless you can get paid target pullers.

Last edited by Tim R; December 31, 2005 at 05:45 AM.

Page generated in 0.03125 seconds with 8 queries