View Single Post
Old November 8, 2005, 07:40 AM   #4
Remington kid

Kevn, I don't know when Remington started making these new caps because it's been a while sinse I used there originals and never did like them.
After reading a new book I got the other day they talked about the new Remington caps and how much better they are so I gave them a try and they were right. The caps are a little thicker on the sides, more power and much better fit.
On my Remington I just place the caps on with my fingers and then run them all the way down with a 6" long doll rod with a little piece of leather glued on both end's. As you shove it on you can feel just how nicely it fits on the nipple. They are great!
We all know that these Remingtons and the Ubertis are famous for nipples that are not unifomly machined so it may not be the same for your guns. Just try it and see.If all else fails and you want better nipples that are made to take the caps then you can buy american made nipples.
The #1075 have always been perfect fit for mine but the new ones are terriable. I'm thinking that these companies are leaning to a better fit for the inline muzzle loaders which to me are not muzzle loaders at all. But that's an arguement for another day

Page generated in 0.03519 seconds with 8 queries