View Single Post
Old February 12, 2000, 05:28 AM   #6
Eric Conaway

Thank you DZ. for your post.

It is way past time that Americans re-discover the freedom that we once had. I am not just talking about freedom to keep and bear arms. We have lost many freedoms and will continue to lose them unless we stop calling the evil good and the good evil.

The majority of our founding fathers were Christians. I realize that this is a sensitive subject, but this is the truth.
Patrick Henry - one of our founding fathers -said, "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ!" This is not saying that Christianity should be forced on anyone, but where the God of the Bible is not honored and loved there can be NO FREEDOM.

Those early American leaders were influenced by God's Word. If they had the mind-set of today then there would have never been a war for independece. If we return to God in earnest then he will have mercy on us.

The purpose of arms in private hands is to keep the government from enforcing unjust laws. However, when the private individual is unjust how can he check the erring government? Turn to God, my courtymen. Turn to God. GOD DOES HAVE ALL OF THE ANSWERS, AND WE CAN FIND THEM IN HIS WORD. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

------------------

Page generated in 0.03820 seconds with 8 queries